Amidst the impersonal hubbub of Paris’ Orly Airport, strangers meet, secrets are revealed, and sudden intimacies develop in this beautifully observed mosaic of lives in transit. Schanelec places four couples amid the crowds of waiting passengers; the camera observes them, often from a distance. But their conversations can be heard; the ear is closer than the eye. Intimate islands of dialogue amid hectic activity.
- 2010, 84MIN, Fiction
- DIRECTOR: Angela Schanelec
- CAMERA: Reinhold Vorschneider
- EDITOR: Mathilde Bonnefoy
- SCRIPT: Angela Schanelec
- SOUND: Andreas Mücke-Niesytka, Frank Kruse
- ACTORS: Natacha Régnier, Maren Eggert, Bruno Todeschini, Mireille Perrier, Emile Berling, Josse De Pauw, Lina Falkner, Jirka Zett